Best to buy your tickets the day before for quicker entry.
- Only bottle or canned drinks are sold within the ruins area
- Read about Tikal before you leave
- Good walking shoes,
- Lunch & water
- Sun protection,
- Insect repellent, a cap or hat
- Take cash for food & drinks
- Info to read on ruins & wild life. leave no trash in the park
- Flash light if going in dark areas
- Arrive early and enter ruins immediately
- Cool for best wildlife sighting and sunrise photos
- Take rain protection
- Be very careful when climbing up and down the wooden stairs
Up and down the temples they get slippery when wet.